Now more than ever, businesses across the country are embracing pet-friendly work environments, so it’s important to ensure they’re just as prepared for emergencies as you are. But as a pet parents, how are you preparing your furry friends? To save valuable time in preparation, we’ve rounded up a list of pet essentials, so you’re not scrambling when the big one strikes - no matter what.
1. Make a pet plan - A detailed plan is always the best plan. Be sure to include:
- Description of your pet(s), including breed
- A recent picture
- An identification tattoo, chip, or ID tag with contact details
2. Keep your records straight - Take note of all vaccinations and records, vet contact details, and nearby shelters.
3. Pack an emergency pet bag – It’s important to have two bags - one for the office and one your home. Make sure you include:
- A leash
- Collapsible bowls
- A few days worth of food
- Medicine, if necessary
- Small blanket, if your pet is small
- Copy of your pet plan
- And don’t forget poo bags!
Now that you have the emergency bag in tow, keep it in a safe place with the rest of your emergency kits, so it’s easily accessible at all times. Looking for tips on personal emergency preparedness? Download our handy infographic.