summer student – office assistant
CCEM Strategies is currently hiring for an Office Assistant, based in our Vancouver office. Supporting the firm, our Office Assistant anticipates the needs of our team members, directors and clients, and provides support to allow CCEM to better serve our clients and people. This is a contract position for the summer and is a great opportunity for a business-minded student looking to gain valuable experience.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff ensuring timely adherence and deadlines; format reports and documents, offer general project support, coordinate arrangements, etc.;
- Coordinate and assist with document management including electronic filing, archiving and disposal;
- Prepare, review and modify general templates, letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel workbooks and other correspondence materials;
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness, perform error correction and spot discrepancies and anomalies;
- Assisting walk-in traffic with documents, packages or other queries; and
- Other administrative duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must speak fluent English with good grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Strong computer literacy required including:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to participate effectively in a team environment
- Interest/experience in emergency management and business continuity. Enrollment and/or completion of emergency management courses an asset.
Successful candidates must pass a Criminal Record Check and sign an employment and confidentiality agreement.
- Part-time / Contract (up to 30 hours per week)
- Located in Vancouver, BC
- C$11-$12 dependent on candidate’s skills and experience.
Application Deadline: July 7, 2017
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and detailed resume highlighting qualifications, skills, and experience to email@example.com