OFFICE MANAGER / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Join the momentum at CCEM Strategies! We have an immediate opportunity for a self-motivated, service-oriented administrative professional to join our team as our Office Manager / Executive Assistant.
As a key member of our small and growing team, the Office Manager / Executive Assistant will be the person who takes ownership and responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of our office and creates a positive, welcoming environment where our team members can perform at their best. Organized, detail-oriented and a strong planner, the ideal candidate has a track record of “wearing many hats” – and enjoying it!
In this diverse role, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Support CCEM team members to be able to deliver high quality Emergency Management and Business Continuity programs, plans, and training to clients in a variety of industries.
- Use judgment, discretion and professionalism to provide executive support to our two Directors by:
- Coordinating meetings and events with customers and other external stakeholders and managing calendars.
- Compiling and distributing documents.
- Developing and maintaining effective filing systems for corporate functions and projects.
- Booking and optimizing travel arrangements.
- Develop and implement office administrative processes to ensure efficiency, consistency and organization.
- Support corporate processes including:
- Processing timesheets, invoices, expenses, and accounts payable.
- Maintaining confidential human resources files and supporting the recruitment and onboarding of staff.
- Advising team members on policies, practices, benefits and office procedures.
- Plan and project manage team and client events, big and small, to ensure that things run smoothly and participants are provided with a great experience.
- Support the preparation of complex, client-facing documentation in Word, PowerPoint and Adobe, ensuring adherence to CCEM and client standards.
- Perform administrative work involving a wide range of activities to support project teams and ensure that the CCEM office runs effectively and is a great place to work.
- Wear many hats and willingly step up to support in a variety of areas as opportunities present themselves.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least three (3) years of directly related experience in a related role such as an office administrator, office manager or executive assistant with a track record of having an impact outside of your defined role.
- Experience supporting a team in a highly professional, fast-paced, or rapidly changing, business environment.
- Displays tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, understand and deliver on the needs of your team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and under pressure, in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and strong formatting, editing and numeracy skills.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully support multiple projects and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders with a variety of styles, personalities and backgrounds.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint functionality.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English, including excellent writing skills, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved instructions, in written and oral form.
- Ability to perform basic IT troubleshooting in a PC / Windows environment is an asset.
- Located in downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Competitive compensation package dependent on candidate’s skills and experience.
- Current Criminal Record Check must be provided by successful candidate.
At CCEM Strategies our promise to our clientele is simple — we implement successful strategies, build strong relationships, deliver seamless communication and execute effective plans and programs. We bring current and reliable best practices to the table and our services hold the rest of the industry to the highest standard.
With an analytical approach and advanced technical skills, CCEM offers strategic recommendations to ensure preparedness, reduce impacts and support a coordinated response when faced with an adverse event. We possess true compassion and a deep understanding of relevant issues and challenges organizations face in continuity management.
Other CCEM Opportunities
Check out the other career opportunities available at CCEM Strategies.