EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
CCEM Strategies is expanding! We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented candidate to join our team as Emergency Management Specialist.
The Emergency Management Specialist will provide consultative advice and project support to clients in the development, implementation and maintenance of innovative emergency and continuity management solutions. Aiming to enhance resilience while aligning with regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices, the ideal candidate will be a natural leader and facilitator, with experience developing emergency and continuity management plans, implementing robust, comprehensive programs, as well as designing and coordinating training and exercises.
If you are looking to join a small and driven team of professionals who are truly passionate about business continuity and emergency management, and you have a track record of building solid relationships by understanding and delivering on stakeholders’ needs, then we want to hear from you!
- Provide strong guidance to clients on emergency preparedness and response regulations, industry standards and best practices;
- Develop and update emergency response plans for clients under various jurisdictions and authorities, ensuring compliance and implementation of best practices;
- Perform reviews and assessments of emergency management and business continuity programs across a wide range of private and public organizations. Conduct gap analyses against industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301);
- Develop and facilitate emergency and business continuity training and exercises. Prepare timely reports to accurately reflect the outcome of exercises and learnings to drive continuous improvement for clients;
- Implement effective project management strategies and approaches. Contribute to efficient ongoing project management and ensure successful execution and completion of both small and large-scale projects.
- Perform technical writing functions that includes editing plans and reports, and writing at the appropriate level for the target audience. Perform difficult professional and administrative work involving a wide range of technical and administrative activities;
- Conduct research, analyses and take appropriate measures to correct problems within the scope of responsibilities;
- Mentor emerging professionals, share knowledge and lead by example;
- Assist in proposal development for current and potential clients;
- Support the team on contracts and work with clients as required;
- Occasional travel may be required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Business Continuity or related field, supplemented by emergency and continuity management training from a local, provincial or federal emergency management agency, together with 3-5 years’ direct experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in emergency and continuity management, stakeholder engagement, communication and project management to provide high level consulting services;
- Knowledge of emergency management standards and best practices (i.e. CSAZ1600, ISO22301, BCEMS, ICS, etc.) and industry regulations (i.e. Transport Canada, Environment Canada, NEB, AER, OGC, IMDG, etc.) locally, provincially, nationally and internationally;
- Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects effectively (set clear goals, identify roadblocks, design solutions, and track progress against deadlines);
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, think critically, make recommendations;
- Ability to engage collaboratively and effectively with internal and external teams, clients and other associated stakeholders;
- Proficient and efficient using all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe suite and MS Visio;
- Experience with GIS is an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication in English, including excellent writing skills, grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Ability to carry out detailed and sometimes involved instructions in written and oral form;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with engaged and highly motivated clients;
- Ability to prioritize and successfully support multiple projects and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Regular Full Time Employee (40 hours per week)
- Located in downtown Vancouver, BC
- Competitive compensation package dependent on candidate’s skills and experience
- Current Criminal Record Check must be provided by successful candidate
At CCEM Strategies our promise to our clientele is simple — we implement successful strategies, build strong relationships, deliver seamless communication and execute effective plans and programs. We bring current and reliable best practices to the table and our services hold the rest of the industry to the highest standard.
With an analytical approach and advanced technical skills, CCEM offers strategic recommendations to ensure preparedness, reduce impacts and support a coordinated response when faced with an adverse event. We possess true compassion and a deep understanding of relevant issues and challenges organizations face in continuity management.