Project & Office Administrator
Join the momentum at CCEM Strategies, as we are currently seeking a Project and Office Administrator to join our growing team. CCEM Strategies provides emergency management and business continuity consulting services to clients in a variety of sectors including oil and gas, transportation, government and healthcare.
Strategically supporting the firm, our Project and Office Administrator anticipates the needs of our team members, directors and clients. Our Project and Office Administrator will support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing CCEM to better serve our clients and people.
The role is full-time; 40 hours per week; based from our office downtown Vancouver.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff ensuring timely adherence and deadlines; write reports, manage calendars and logistics, offer general project support, coordinate arrangements, etc.;
- Conduct research, analyses and take appropriate measures to correct problems within the scope of responsibilities;
- Perform technical writing functions that includes editing plans and reports, and writing at the appropriate level for the target audience;
- Prepare, review and modify general templates, letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel workbooks and other correspondence materials;
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness, perform error correction and spot discrepancies and anomalies;
- Coordinate workflow and perform tasks related to proposal creation, production, and delivery
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets; record minutes at various meetings and distribute or archive them accordingly;
- Uphold electronic and paper filing systems;
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, events, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Prepare client invoices; and
- Implement pre-planned marketing campaigns and social media programs with opportunities to write social media posts and engage with followers/readers/subscribers;
- Support the team on contracts and work with clients as required;
- Complete other administrative tasks as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Certificate, Diploma or equivalent in business or administration
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related administrative experience
- Strong computer literacy required including:
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced skills in SharePoint, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
- Experience with design applications (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) an asset;
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must speak fluent English with good grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Social media expertise with strong understanding of proactive communication with followers and contacts. Demonstrated experience with Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, MailChimp and other social media and web design and development platforms (i.e. Squarespace).
- Interest/experience in emergency management and business continuity. Completion of emergency management courses an asset
- Able to deal with routinely repetitive work requiring focus and accuracy
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Full Time Employee (40 hours per week)
Competitive Salary – Range dependent on candidate’s skills and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, CCEM’s benefits package includes paid vacation days, basic health benefits, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
Successful candidates must pass a Criminal Record Check and sign an employment and confidentiality agreement.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2016
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and detailed resume highlighting qualifications, skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
At CCEM Strategies our promise to our clientele is simple — we implement successful strategies, build strong relationships, deliver seamless communication and execute effective plans and programs. We bring current and reliable best practices to the table and our services hold the rest of the industry to the highest standard.
With an analytical approach and advanced technical skills, CCEM offers strategic recommendations to ensure preparedness, reduce impacts and support a coordinated response when faced with an adverse event. We possess true compassion and a deep understanding of relevant issues and challenges organizations face in continuity management.